ARTICLE I NAME
As an affiliate of the Pan American Round Tables of the State of Texas, this organization shall be named The Pan American Round Table of Houston.
It shall be a nonprofit, nonpolitical, nonsectarian and autonomous organization.
ARTICLE II PURPOSES
The purpose of this organization is exclusively charitable and educational within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, or the corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue Law.
ARTICLE III OBJECT
The object of this organization shall be:
- To provide mutual knowledge, understanding and friendship among the peoples of the Western Hemisphere.
- To foster movements toward a higher civilization, especially that affecting women and children of these countries.
ARTICLE IV FISCAL POLICY
- Section 1 No part of the net earnings of this organization shall inure to the benefit of any private individual, except the recipients of any scholarship funds of the organization, and no part of its activities shall be the carrying on of any propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- Section 2 Upon the final dissolution or liquidation of this organization and after discharge or satisfaction of all outstanding obligations and liabilities, the remaining assets shall be attributed to organizations exempt from Federal Income Tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code of 1954 (or corresponding provisions of any future Internal Revenue Law) or to any Federal, State or Local Government for public purposes.
ARTICLE V MEMBERSHIP
- Section 1 The membership shall consist of Active, Student and Honorary members.
- Section 2 The dues paying membership shall include any individual who wishes to join by paying the applicable dues for the given year.
- Section 3 The Student Membership shall consist of current scholarship recipients.
- Section 4 Honorary Members shall be those upon whom membership has been conferred by approval of the current board because of distinguished service to the Pan American Object as determined in Article III. The spouse of the Mayor of Houston shall also be an honorary member during the mayor’s term of office.
ARTICLE VI OFFICERS
- Section 1 The officers shall be Director, First Associate Director – Programs, Second Associate Director - Membership, Third Associate Director - Scholarship, Fourth Associate Director - Communications, Fifth Associate Director - Arrangements, Sixth Associate Director – Fundraising, Seventh Associate Director – Alumni Coordinator, Secretary, Treasurer and Historian.
- Section 2 All Officers shall be elected for a period of one year.
- Section 3 A Parliamentarian and a Documents/Forms Chairperson shall be appointed by the Director.
ARTICLE VII MEETINGS
- Section 1 Board Meetings and General Meetings shall be held on a schedule determined at the direction of the Board of Directors each year.
ARTICLE VIII AMENDMENTS
- Section 1 The Constitution and following Bylaws may be amended by a two thirds vote of active members present at any general meeting, provided a copy of such amendment has been read and presented to the Secretary in writing prior to the general meeting.
ARTICLE I MEMBERSHIP
- Section 1 Qualifications for membership shall be interest plus willingness to accept the status of membership which carries with it the responsibility of supporting the organization in meeting our Object as defined in the Constitution – Article III.
- Section 2 Names proposed for Honorary Membership must be submitted to and approved by a majority of the Board of Directors. Honorary members shall be entitled to all privileges of active members and they shall not pay dues.
ARTICLE II DUES
- Section 1 Annual dues shall be determined by the Board of Directors. Dues statements will be sent in May and are payable by June 30th. Dues will be for one fiscal year which is the period from June 1 through May 31.
- Section 2 Membership is forfeited for nonpayment of dues at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Section 3 Student members shall pay a portion of the annual dues as determined by the Board of Directors. Honorary members shall not pay dues.
- Section 4 Transfers and new members coming to this Table prior to March 31st shall pay current yearly dues. If coming after March 31st dues will include the remainder of the current year and the next fiscal year.
- Section 5 The Houston Table is a member of the State of Texas Pan American Round Table and the International Alliance. The table will pay appropriate fees to the state and international organization(s) for membership based on active paid members.
ARTICLE III GENERAL MEETINGS
- Section 1 An annual meeting shall be held in early June. This meeting shall be for the purpose of receiving annual reports, the installation of new officers and attention to other business that might arise.
- Section 2 Special meetings may be called by the Director, or at the written request of twelve or more members.
ARTICLE IV QUORUM
- Section 1 Ten members shall constitute a quorum at any General Meeting
ARTICLE V ELECTION OF OFFICERS
- Section 1 The Nominating Committee shall be appointed by the current director. The Chairman of this committee shall be the immediate Past Director if available. The nominating committee shall present a slate of officers for election by March 1st. These names will be publicized to the general membership and elections will occur by April 30th. Nominations may also be made by the general membership prior to the election. Election may be held at a general meeting or may be conducted electronically.
- Section 2 Election will be by secret ballot unless there is only one candidate for the given office.
- Section 3 After the regular election of new officers, the Nominating Committee shall be responsible for filling any vacancies in the newly elected slate which occur before it is installed.
ARTICLE VI DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- Section 1 The Director shall perform the duties inherent to the office of presiding officer. She shall appoint all standing and special committees authorized by the Round Table and serve as ex-officio member of these committees. She shall approve all orders of the Treasurer.
- Section 2 The Associate Directors shall fill the office of Director in numerical order should a vacancy occur in that office. They shall serve as Chairmen of Standing Committees as follows:
First Associate Director Program
Second Associate Director Membership
Third Associate Director Scholarships
Fourth Associate Director Communications
Fifth Associate Director Arrangements
Sixth Associate Director Fundraising
Seventh Associate Director Alumni Coordinator
- Section 3 The Fifth Associate Director, Arrangements, shall keep and preserve in good order all properties of the Houston Chapter of the Pan American Round Table necessary for PR and Marketing of all events. They shall also coordinate public relations activities. The Arrangements director is responsible for setting up the venues for each event and tracking RSVP’s. She will work with Programs director to determine appropriate venues for each program. An annual calendar should be finalized by September 1. Details for each event need to be finalized with the Communications director for inclusion in the newsletter and website.
- Section 4 The Secretary shall keep in permanent form the minutes of all meetings of the Body and the Board. She shall also send out correspondence at the direction of the Director.
- Section 5 The Membership Director shall keep an accurate roster of all members and shall be responsible for the creation of the annual Directory. She will coordinate with all Board Members to obtain information needed for the Directory. She will also coordinate communications with members that do not have access to email or internet.
- Section 6 The Communications Director shall attend to all website communications, to include the website, automated event invitations and any social media. She will communicate with the Web Master to ensure the PART Website is up-to-date and notifications of all events are sent to members via automated event invitations and the newsletter.
- Section 7 The Treasurer shall collect all dues and fees, send out notices of dues and keep accounts. The Treasurer is responsible for communicating with the Membership Director the status of dues for all active members. She shall present a report at each Board meeting and report to the Body annually and as required. She shall serve as Chairman of the Budget Committee. She shall also acknowledge all gifts of donors.
- Section 8 The Historian shall collect and preserve in a systematic manner everything of historical interest pertaining to the Houston Pan American Round Table. She will be the state contact for Texana or any other historical/archival information requested.
- Section 9 The Parliamentarian shall give the rule of the adopted authority on all points referred to her. She will keep order at board meetings.
- Section 10 The Programs Director is responsible for coordinating the major scheduled annual events. She will work with arrangements director to determine appropriate venues, she is responsible for soliciting speakers or entertainment for these programs. An annual calendar should be finalized by September 1. Details for each event need to be finalized with the Communications director for inclusion in the newsletter and website.
- Section 11 The Scholarship Director is responsible for implementing the scholarship application process each year. She will summarize the applications and present a package to the scholarship committee for review and selection each year. She will coordinate the creation of the Scholarship Award Reception Program and coordinate communication with the scholars.
- Section 12 The Alumni Coordinator is responsible for communications with past and current scholarship recipients. She will coordinate socials with the scholarship recipients and members to encourage participation and membership.
- Section 13 The Fundraising Director is responsible for coordinating with the Board to create fundraisers. She will develop communications geared toward soliciting corporate funding and corporate sponsorships of our organization.
- Section 14 The Forms/Documents Coordinator maintains an inventory of Stationery, thank you cards and forms and documents needed by the Board to conduct business. She shall notify the Director and Treasurer when supplies need to be re-ordered.
ARTICLE VII BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Section 1 The members of this organization shall constitute a Board of Directors and shall transact the business of the Round Table between meetings.
- Section 2 The Board of Directors shall fill such vacancies as may occur on the Board.
- Section 3 The Board of Directors may select an Executive Committee from its members to act between Board meetings.
- Section 4 Five (5) members shall constitute a quorum of the Board. Members of any standing committees may be included among these members.
ARTICLE VIII STANDING COMMITTEES
- Section 1 The Standing Committees shall be the Programs, Membership, Communications, Budget, Arrangements, and such other committees as the Body shall create.
ARTICLE IX INSIGNIA
- Section 1 The insignia originated and adopted by the Charter Round Table shall be used by the Round Table.
- ARTICLE X PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
- Section 1 The organization shall be governed by Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised, in all points not covered by the Constitution and Bylaws.
- No. 1 All reservations should be paid in advance on-line. Provision shall be made to accept payment at the door for those members who do not have electronic access
- No. 2 The names of the Past Directors and the years they served shall be listed in the Houston Pan American Round Table Electronic Yearbook.
- No. 3 There shall be no guests during closed business meetings, except by invitation of the Director.
- No. 4 The Membership Committee will receive applications during the year. Applications will be available online and once dues are paid the new member will be added to the electronic Yearbook.
- No. 5 The incoming Director shall call a joint meeting of the new and old Boards within two weeks after the Annual Meeting to clarify the duties of the officers and preserve the continuity of the organization.
- No. 6 Officers and Chairmen of all committees shall turn over to their successors reports of their activities, papers and suggestions pertaining to their offices or committees at the earliest possible date after the close of the year.
- No. 7 Delegates to the Convention of the Pan American Round Table of Texas shall be the Director and the Director- elect. Alternates shall be elected by the Board if needed.
- No. 8 Memorials
- Individual memorials to the Scholarship Funds should be sent to the Treasurer.
- No. 9 Annual dues shall be $60.00 per year. Student dues shall be $25.00 per year